Eat out, raise money, help kids | Community Spirit
ATLANTA -- You can do your part this week to curb Georgia's high school dropout rate. All you need to do is eat at one of your favorite restaurants.
On Thursday, Aug. 23, proceeds from restaurants across the state will be donated to Communities in Schools of Georgia, an organization that encourages young people to complete their education and succeed in life.
The sixth annual Dine Out for Kids event hopes to exceed last year's total of $30,000 for children in the state.
Communities in Schools, which has chapters across the country, provides mentoring and after-school services, including parent education, literacy programs and youth leadership opportunities.
Participating Dine Out for Kids restaurants in Atlanta and Decatur include:
* 242 Boulevard SE
* 5480 Peachtree Parkway (Chamblee)
* 4415 Roswell Road (Chastain)
* 1359 Virginia Avenue (College Park)
* 1 CNN Center (Downtown)
* 1090 Hammond Drive (Dunwoody/Sandy Springs)
* 2555 Piedmont Road (Lindbergh)
* 744 Spring Street (Midtown)
* 2382 North Druid Hills Road (North Druid Hills)
* 1751 Howell Mill Road (West Midtown)
No Más Cantina
* 180 Walker Street
Six Feet Under
* 415 Memorial Drive, Suite E (Grant Park)
* 685 11th Street (West Midtown)
* 950 West Peachtree Street
Taqueria del Sol
* 2165 Cheshire Bridge Road (Cheshire Bridge)
* 359 West Ponce de Leon Avenue (Decatur)
* 1200-B Howell Mill Road (West Midtown)
Willy's Mexicana Grill
* 4377 Roswell Road NE (Chastain)
* 1230 Caroline Street (Edgewood)
* 1071 Piedmont Avenue NE (Midtown)